Wednesday, January 28, 2009

25 random things about me

1. Occasionally my stubborness is mistaken for bravery or bitchery.

2. I make the best guacamole ever. Even my Mexican friends are impressed.

3. I love Law & Order. All of them. But SVU is my favorite. Actually, I am captivated by most true crime and probably spend too much time perusing true crime web sites. I feel it adequately prepares me for all the crazies in the world.

4. I come from a large family. Three brothers and two sisters. We don't all have the same parents, but we've been related long enough to throw boogers on each other. I don't like the word step-"anything". I feel like it insinuates a sub par relationship so I call them all my brothers and sisters.

5. I love to go to the gym but don't do it as much as I should. It usually happens in spurts, one month all the time then not for a month. I wish I was more into Yoga but I feel like you really need to be in a class for it to have an impact and it seems exceptionally expensive, especially in Belize. If they want me to relax then why are they contributing to the mass disappearance of my $? Actually I think insurance should cover yoga, but that's another soap box. And I don't have insurance anyway, so it doesn't matter.

6. I like to bake things for other people, especially cookies. It makes me happy to see other people enjoying something I made. I think this stems directly from my Mom constantly having baked cookies in the house when I was a kid. Baking for someone is a symbol of love. If you just like someone you can always give them a Twinkie - it lasts forever so no harm done.

7. I spent a lot of time in summer camps growing up and subsequently developed a working knowledge of activities such as riflery, capture the flag, group singing and making other people pee themselves. I still practice one of these and it ain't group singing.

8. I love horror movies. Especially the "B" movies from the late 60's to the 80's. Boobs and blood. Boobs. And. Blood.

9. I am on a constant quest to improve my Spanish but have yet to invest in Rosetta Stone. I have lived in a couple of places that have a heavy Spanish speaking population but have relied on my Spanish 2 class from high school for far too long.

10. I played soccer for six years and basketball for one. I sucked at basketball and always believed it was mostly a ploy for the male coaches to watch pre-pubescent girls sweat in way too short polyester shorts. I got kicked off the team 4 times and reinstated 3. Apparently coaches don't like it when you tell them they are pervs. Soccer was different, I always had good coaches and took every opportunity to release some angst with a slide tackle on a muddy field.

11. I can, and do, work to music at a decibel that would be distracting to some.

12. There are certain songs from different periods in my life that can easily instigate the water works.

13. Sometimes my humor is mistaken for cruelty. Those assholes can't take a joke.

14. I am terrible at romantic relationships.

15. I sold or gave away everything that wouldn't fit in 4 suitcases 2 months ago. That's a lie. I just like how dramatic it sounds. My friend has my car and 6 containers of my "most important" things at his house in San Diego. I did have a yard sale that nearly made me weep though.

16. I enjoy doing jigsaw puzzles. But only when done alone.

17. I saw too many friends die young, I think about them every day and wonder what they would be doing right now.

18. I have a severe case of motion sickness. I have to take a Dramamine if I am planning on flying, boating or even riding passenger in a car. As a matter of fact, they kicked me off the bus in Kindergarten because I threw up every day and was making the other kids sick. They kept a bag of kitty litter on the bus to try and "freeze" the vomit and prevent it from rolling from the front to the back all the way to school. Frankly, I would have kicked me off too.

19. I miss the smell of Fall. I haven't been in a Fall for 6 years.

20. Holding infants scares me but I l get along famously with kids once they can start walking and wiping their own ass.

21. My friends mean a lot to me and I try and let them know.I could probably do better.

22. I am a student and always will be. I work full time and always will.

23. Mexican food is my weakness. San Diego carne asada is at the top of the list.

24. I think that for the most part, all people are good, sometimes they just get off track.

25. I'm terrified I put something in this list that I actually didn't want anyone to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment